Thought I knew what I was doing...guess I don't.

So my son is dabbling. I explained the concept of a hardware wallet...and the importance of securing seed words.

He asked a question I couldn't answer (googling included).

How does your wallet 'know' that your seed words represent all your tokens? Let's say you set up a brand new hardware wallet and generate your seed words. A couple of days later you buy n number of tokens on different chains.

How do the seed words represent all that? He's concerned (bless him) that they must be stored on a database somewhere.

I couldn't give a straight answer...other than my reddit knowledge tells me so.

submitted by /u/jbpsign
[link] [comments]

from Bitcoin - The Currency of the Internet https://ift.tt/3bkH76D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eyewear Round Up for Summer 2020

Not ready to go public? That’s the perfect time to think about going public

Uber & Robinhood Angel Investor: 99% of Crypto Projects Are Garbage