Lost my wallet password but still have the address and private key my brother gave me years ago. Is there anything I can do?

A few years ago my brother gave me some bitcoin using an address and a private key. I set up a wallet when I got it, but over the time since I got it I've moved several times and have lost the password and the 12 word recovery code. I still have the address and key my brother originally sent me. Is there anything I can do with what I have available to restore my bitcoin?

Edit: You might have to ELI5 your responses as I'm in this situation because I didn't fully understand at the time what this was when I got it.

submitted by /u/Bar_Har
[link] [comments]

from Bitcoin - The Currency of the Internet https://ift.tt/3umUfiR

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eyewear Round Up for Summer 2020

Not ready to go public? That’s the perfect time to think about going public

Uber & Robinhood Angel Investor: 99% of Crypto Projects Are Garbage