Investing time into Bitcoin is proof of work...

I told my friend about Bitcoin in Dec 2020 at $18k. Since then it has somewhat consumed my life and I have put in countless hours of reading, watching, listening and learning about bitcoin, blockchain technology and the many wide reaching benefits and consequences of crypto assets and currencies. I have since taken profits from my stock market portfolio and now sit at well over 50% of my net worth in BTC.

I feel calmer, both in the present and about the future. I feel smarter, more inquisitive, more curious and more eloquent. I won’t bore you with too many other personal details, but my life is a LOT better since I chose to learn about bitcoin and dedicate hours of my life to the pursuit of educating myself about this fascinating new technology.

I have recently learned that my aforementioned friend did not choose to take this path. Instead, he invested his money in the stock market, notably in stocks that have been ‘hyped’ online on social media. He only started to take a look at bitcoin at the most recent ATH, and basically fomo’d in at $63k without any research.

I have gone out of my way to share numerous podcasts, news articles, documentaries and essays with him, and he hasn’t even bothered to look at them. I’m not mad, at all, he can do what he wants. The Saylor quote “everybody gets bitcoin at the piece they deserve” has really struck a chord with me recently. I have put in the effort, the hard yards - this is the ‘proof’ of my ‘work’ - and not only are my finances and spending habits healthier as a result, but my social life, my self-esteem, and my relationships have followed suit.

(I just went for a poop and have no idea what I’m even saying any more. There’s something important in here, maybe, whatever.)

I guess it’s just another one of life’s lessons. There’s nothing free in this world. You can’t profit in life, financially or otherwise, without putting in the ‘work’. There is also no hard, sound, scarce money without it. There will always be a trade off and the harder the work, the greater the reward will be. I’m so glad I put the work in.

submitted by /u/Shutae
[link] [comments]

from Bitcoin - The Currency of the Internet https://ift.tt/2R186wT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eyewear Round Up for Summer 2020

Not ready to go public? That’s the perfect time to think about going public

Uber & Robinhood Angel Investor: 99% of Crypto Projects Are Garbage