Help explaining why Bitcoin can’t be taken down by malware

My grandpa was asking me about Bitcoin today. He knows the basics. Custodial vs non custodial, how it’s stored, etc. He also knows a little about what the blockchain is.

I think I’m pretty knowledgeable about Bitcoin, but I can’t seem to find a definitive answer to this question.

Why can’t Bitcoin be taken down by malware?

I know it can’t, because that’s not how it works. If a virus is put through the blockchain, it’s there, but inactive on the nodes. I tried explaining this to him, but he said “If you give somebody enough time, they will figure it out.”

So, how can I explain to him the Bitcoin can not be infected and taken down by malware distributed through the blockchain?

Any guidance is greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/dylanw2100
[link] [comments]

from Bitcoin - The Currency of the Internet https://ift.tt/3cx4g6C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eyewear Round Up for Summer 2020

Not ready to go public? That’s the perfect time to think about going public

Uber & Robinhood Angel Investor: 99% of Crypto Projects Are Garbage