My dad surprised me by supporting my BTC purchases.

I was talking to my dad today and I told him about the anxiety I was feeling watching my bitcoin investment (a modest amount) drop in value. I assumed he was going to tell me how stupid I was for buying in to something dumb and wasting my money, but he totally surprised me.

"No good investment goes straight up all the time, just put it away, stop checking the value and check in on it in a few years. That stuff is future."

It 100% caught me off guard that my very conservative 56 year old father would ever say something like that, and he is absolutely correct. This is an investment in the future of currency, not a day trading scheme to me.

It was a good reminder.

Edit: thank you, didn't realize I shouldn't disclose

submitted by /u/MilosSword
[link] [comments]

from Bitcoin - The Currency of the Internet https://ift.tt/3syTB0y

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eyewear Round Up for Summer 2020

Not ready to go public? That’s the perfect time to think about going public

Uber & Robinhood Angel Investor: 99% of Crypto Projects Are Garbage