I thought HSBC banned purchasing crypto from exchanges (United Kingdom)

I recently bought BTC from Gemini exchange using GBP(£). I used my HSBC debit card.

I just saw that apparently HSBC have banned both credit and debit card purchases of crypto.

Everything went through fine, and I haven’t heard from HSBC. Should I be expecting to hear from them? I’ve seemingly had no repercussions so far.

As a point of principal, after reading more about HSBC, I’ll soon be leaving them. And making sure to tell them exactly why (not letting customers choose what they can and can’t do legally with their money - and also the money laundering)

Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/Extinctathon_
[link] [comments]

from Bitcoin - The Currency of the Internet https://ift.tt/3cdYzKW

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eyewear Round Up for Summer 2020

Not ready to go public? That’s the perfect time to think about going public

Uber & Robinhood Angel Investor: 99% of Crypto Projects Are Garbage