Finally realizing I need to get into crypto: painfully caught between "Never FOMO" and "The best time to invest is always now"

So after many years of sitting with just my toes in the pool (and finally being in the position of having enough extra to risk a bit), I have finally realized I need to be devoting some portion of my portfolio to crypto. However, I find myself painfully stuck between two poles of equally good advice. Stocks taught me the hard lesson to NEVER fomo into something, you're always better buying a correction/dip in you're gonna hold long term. However, the massive moves towards institutional adoption and the fact that there seems to be pretty solid support at the 22.5K level for BTC really makes me afraid we'll never see prices lower than 20K again. For someone in this specific situation--investing about $5,000-$10,000 into crypto for the first time in order to buy and HODL forever--what's my best move here? Should I wait for a dip/correction? Should I wait all the way until bear/hodl season to buy? Or should I just start dollar cost averaging my way in right now? Should I be diversifying into alt-coins and if so which ones at what percentages? Please do not spam with the stock answers I see people posting in so many places, and try to give thought to my specific situation

submitted by /u/Zarathustra167
[link] [comments]

from Bitcoin - The Currency of the Internet https://ift.tt/37DwbiF

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eyewear Round Up for Summer 2020

Not ready to go public? That’s the perfect time to think about going public

Uber & Robinhood Angel Investor: 99% of Crypto Projects Are Garbage