If I send BTC to someone, can he then find out how much BTC I have in my wallet?

Hey fellow BTC HODLers, please help me out. I have been reading articles like crazy in the last hour but still I didn't find a definite answer. So here it goes:

Suppose I have 5 BTC in my Trezor wallet on Account No. 1. (If only... 😄) I decide to take some profits in fiat to which end I transfer 1 BTC to an exchange's address. Would this exchange then, after recieving the 1 BTC from me be able to see my whole balance on Account No. 1?

If yes, how could I avoid this? I've read some articles about bitcoin mixing but isn't there any simpler method?

What if I created a second account in my Trezor wallet for spendings only and before every outgoing transaction I would transfer the respective amount of satoshis from my main "HODLing Account" to my Spending Account? Would this circumvent the problem or could the recieving party still trace back my main account and therefore find out my total balance?

Thank you very much for your answers!

submitted by /u/mr_byu
[link] [comments]

from Bitcoin - The Currency of the Internet https://ift.tt/35ZW63e

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eyewear Round Up for Summer 2020

Not ready to go public? That’s the perfect time to think about going public

Uber & Robinhood Angel Investor: 99% of Crypto Projects Are Garbage