How could we spend bitcoin?

I work for a nonprofit organization that provides support services to children and families. We recently have been offered a donation in bitcoin (half of a bitcoin). With the stipulation that we do not convert it to fiat or hold it. Our organization’s major expense is salaries of clinical workers which is the largest program cost and also rent (overhead cost). We’d love to use this donation but I’m a little unsure of how we can spend it. I mentioned to my boss that I would be willing to take my pay for a month in bitcoin, but would turn around and cash it which may be defeating the donors purpose. My other thought is to use it for purchases we make regularly (food for groups, office supplies). Are there any sites like Amazon or office supply sites that would take bitcoin that anyone knows of, or does anyone have any suggestions on how we could do this?

submitted by /u/Ck43
[link] [comments]

from Bitcoin - The Currency of the Internet https://ift.tt/2GH5NWU

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eyewear Round Up for Summer 2020

Not ready to go public? That’s the perfect time to think about going public

Uber & Robinhood Angel Investor: 99% of Crypto Projects Are Garbage